In the following, we will be introducing and reviewing five of the best cordless power drill tools currently available on the market. While the choice is ultimately yours, we are here to offer a list of products meant to help you pick an item. These products will be reviewed based on price, ease of use, specs, and their pros and cons.
However, before discussing which drill is the best cordless power drill to purchase, let’s take a brief look at some of the features you must take into account before making such a purchase.
- Dimensions: If need to drill in hard to reach spaces, the size and design of the drill you choose will be an important consideration.
- Weight: This becomes a factor when using the drill for extended periods. The greatest weight of cordless drills is in the battery.
- Ease of use: Maneuverability, control, ergonomic design and weight are all factors to consider when looking for a cordless drill. You don’t want to have to take breaks during your project to massage and rest your arms and back.
- Power Source: Cordless drills use one of two power sources, either nickel-cadmium (Ni-Cd) batteries or the lighter weight, more common Lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries.
1. BLACK+DECKER LDX120C 20V MAX Lithium Ion Drill/Driver
This item is designed to be used in tight and confined spaces. It can be used to drill into plastic, wood, and metal alike. The LDX120C comes with an 11 position clutch and variable speeds.
2. Dewalt DCD771C2 20V MAX Cordless Lithium-Ion 1/2 inch Compact Drill Driver Kit
This is one of the best cordless power drill options to try if you will be using it in confined spaces thanks to its compact, lightweight design. It can work at two speeds (0-450 & 1,500 rpm) for both fastening and drilling applications and has an extensive range of uses, in general.
3. BLACK+DECKER LD120VA 20-Volt Max Lithium Drill/Driver
This product comes with more than 30 accessories included. It can be used for drilling and screwdriving through a variety of materials, from wood to plastic, to metal and features a 24 position clutch. Its soft handle is also meant to ensure the user’s comfort during utilization.
4. DEWALT DCK240C2 20v Lithium Drill Driver/Impact Combo Kit (1.3Ah) with FlexTorq Screw Driving Set
The DEWALT DCK240C2 is another contender for the title of best cordless power drill. Its ergonomic design ensures that its 40 tools will be both lightweight and fit for the users’ every need. This tool was designed so as to reduce breakages and wobbles and also minimize drops.
5. Bosch 18-Volt Compact Tough Drill/Driver Kit DDB181-02
Another top choice, the Bosch 18-Volt Compact Though Drill/Driver Kit packs a lot of power in its included contractor bag. Its compact, lightweight design makes it optimal for use even in tight and confined spaces. The fact that it includes an LED light is meant to make it even more convenient for use in such areas. Also, this tool offers 2-speed transmissions, one primarily for speed and the other for heavier duty projects, and also has a high torque.
It comes in a contractor bag, for added portability and ease of use, and can handle anything from everyday tasks to a more specialized use. This means that it can easily be used by HVAC tradespeople, plumbers, and electricians, among others.
This wraps up our list of five of the best cordless power drill tools currently available and which you can try in 2018. These top-rated choices can pack a real punch, and certainly have the necessary features at reasonable prices.
As we continue drilling the market for the best cordless power drills, we invite you to recommend a product or share a thought and experiences with the ones already presented. You can also leave a suggestion or an opinion in the comments section below.
If you are looking for other indoor (or perhaps outdoor) power tools, don’t forget to check out the following: